Parent Helpers Needed
Peak District Music Centres rely on the help of parents to assist Ensemble Directors with the smooth running of rehearsals and concerts.
In order to comply with health and safety regulations, and to ensure the well-being of all our players, we ideally need to have 1 or 2 parent helpers for each rehearsal.
Ways in which you can help:
- Keep a rota of parent helpers to assist at rehearsals where appropriate.
- Assist the Ensemble Director with keeping registers up-to-date.
- Assist with concerts including registration and health and safety issues.
- Help with the setting up of the rehearsal room and clearing up afterwards (chairs, stands and registration table).
- Assist with distributing or collecting music at rehearsals.
- Provide care to any child who is ill or upset.
- Help distribute letters to appropriate players/singers/parents.
- Ensure messages are relayed between the Ensemble Director, Co-ordinator, Administrator and parents where appropriate.
- Ensure players/singers have been collected at the end of the rehearsal.
- The more parents that help us, the less you may have to do!
With new changes in legislation, we no longer need all our Parent Helpers to have a Derbyshire DBS – however, we do ask that our regular helpers have one. Just ask our coordinator or administrator to forward you a form and we will sort it out. Thank you.